- Who is eligible for a loan?
- What do I need to bring in when applying for a loan?
- How long does it take to get a loan or visa application approved?
- If I want to refinance my home loan from another financial institution, how many statements am I required to provide?
- If I am on probation with my place of employment can I get a loan approved?
- Why don’t monthly loan repayments change when interest rates do?
- Why do I need to show 6 months statements when the payments come out of my Queensland Country account?
- Can the First Home Owners Grant be classified as part of our deposit?
- Can I have a fixed rate on a personal loan?
- Is there a charge if I pay my loan out early?
- We're building / renovating and don't need all the funds at one time. Can we access money progressively to pay builders, plumbers and electricians when we need to?
- We want to buy our land now and build later. Can I buy my land and hold onto it for a couple of years and build on it later?
- How much can I borrow?
- What costs am I likely to incur?
- Can I add any additional costs to the loan?
- If we are looking to renovate or add an extra room later can we borrow more?
- Can I make my repayments weekly or fortnightly, or do I have to make monthly repayments?
- Can I make extra repayments when I like?
- When buying a property when do I need to take out an insurance policy?
- When building a property when do I need to take out an insurance policy?
- How long is my loan approval valid for?
- What do I need to have when applying for a business loan?
You are eligible to apply for a loan if you are over 18 years of age and are a permanent resident of Australia and currently residing in Australia. If you are not an existing Queensland Country Member, it is necessary to become a Member before the loan is funded.What do I need to bring in when applying for a loan?
In order to assess your loan application, we require:
- income verification
- savings history
- 3-6 months statements of all debts
- contract of sale (if purchasing a property)
- quote from car yard (if purchasing vehicle)
Read more on applying for a home loan.
For a basic loan where all required information has been provided, normally 24-48 hours.If I want to refinance my home loan from another financial institution, how many statements am I required to provide?
We need to see 6 months of the most recent statements. Read more on our home loans.If I am on probation with my place of employment can I get a loan approved?
We can still assess your loan application as long as your position is in the same industry as your previous employment and/or you have letter from your employer stating your employment will be guaranteed after probation is completed.Why don’t monthly loan repayments change when interest rates do?
We calculate your repayments using a ‘Constant Repayment method’ which means that when the interest rates go up or down, the length of the loan changes and not the repayment. This is a great benefit as it means your repayments will always stay the same.Why do I need to show 6 months statements when the payments come out of my Queensland Country account?
We need to see the statements to verify payments and to check the facility is up to date. We also need to check the debt is being serviced in a good manner and there are no current arrears.Can the First Home Owners Grant be classified as part of our deposit?
No. Genuine savings is required. However you can use funds from other sources to help with your deposit. If you’d like to discuss buying your first home with your closest Branch Manager, simply make an appointment and we’ll contact you.Can I have a fixed rate on a personal loan?
No. Only variable rates are offered on personal loans.Is there a charge if I pay my loan out early?
There is currently no early payout penalty. For a home loan, a fee applies if you refinance with another financial institution within the first three years after establishment. This fee covers our costs of establishing the loan.We're building / renovating and don't need all the funds at one time. Can we access money progressively to pay builders, plumbers and electricians when we need to?
Yes. Queensland Country can provide funds progressively as long as the accounts to be paid are invoiced. Please talk to one of our lending professionals regarding the timing of payments.
Read more about our line of credit.
Yes, you can buy the land now and begin to pay it off without building on it. Read more about our vacant land loan.How much can I borrow?
We have some great loan calculators on our website which will give you a rough indication of how much you might be able to borrow.
To discuss with us how much you can borrow, you can:
- Make an appointment with one of our local Branch Managers or our other lending specialists in branch.
- Call us on 1800 075 086
- Meet with our Mobile Lenders based in Townsville (this is for the Townsville area only). They can visit you 7 days a week at a place convenient to you. Just call them on 0407 722 800 or email email@example.com.
For a home loan, the cost of buying a home section on our website will help give you an idea of the approximate costs.
Please talk to one of our lending professionals on 1800 075 078 for a quote on fees, or simply read our fees and charges brochure.
In some cases you will be able to add additional costs to your loan.If we are looking to renovate or add an extra room later can we borrow more?
Yes. We can lend your extra for renovation provided you have sufficient equity in your property for the amount you are looking to borrow.
Read more about our home equity loan.
You can make repayments at any time including weekly, fortnightly or monthly, provided your minimum monthly repayment amount has been paid into the loan by the due date.Can I make extra repayments when I like?
Yes, you can make extra repayments as often as you like.
As soon as you sign a contract to purchase a house you are liable for any insurance claims so it is a good idea to take out home insurance as soon as you sign the contract.When building a property when do I need to take out an insurance policy?
You will need to insure the property as soon as it is handed over to you (i.e. when you have made the final payment). The building contractor should have insurance until you make the final progress payment. At this stage you are responsible for insuring the property.How long is my loan approval valid for?
Your loan approval is valid for three months from the date the approval is provided, as long as the details provided on your original application have not changed (e.g. you are still with the same employer).What do I need to have when applying for a business loan?
We need to see your profit and loss statements for the past two years, your latest tax return, and all other normal documentation.
Read more about our business overdrafts.