In February 1971 The Isa Mine Employees' Credit Union Ltd commenced operation as a service to the employees of Mount Isa Mines and its related companies.
During the 80's and 90's the Credit Union capitalised on its early success by firstly expanding Membership eligibility and branch locations to residents in North Queensland then later throughout the state. This expansion came with a name change to North Queensland Credit Union and subsequently Queensland Country Credit Union. Along with the increase in branches throughout the state, the diverse range of products and services available to Members followed.
In June 2005, Queensland Country Credit Union merged with South East Community Credit Society. The merger created an excellent fit for the two regionally based credit unions, both having a similar culture and Membership base. The merger also provided Members with access to an expanded and more convenient branch network and enhanced products and services.
Values and Priorities
The mission of the Directors and staff at Queensland Country Credit Union is to "Make the Member Proud" and we achieve this by inducing pride of ownership and involvement.
- To deliver the highest quality products and services to help our Members fulfill their financial needs
- To provide a positive, friendly working environment where staff feel highly valued and are able to meet their career aspirations
- To contribute strongly to the community as a responsible, highly ethical corporate citizen
- To be a significant contributor to the Credit Union movement and its ideals
- To maintain a strong level of financial performance to enable us to achieve our goals