Our standard variable rate home loan is a popular borrowing option, allowing you to benefit from fluctuations in the marketplace. As the Reserve Bank of Australia shifts interest rates, your home loan interest rate will also rise and fall, subsequently changing the amount of interest calculated on your loan.
We lend up to 95% of the value of the property, which means you only need a small deposit to be able to purchase your home. This home loan is also suited for those who have saved a large deposit.
If you would prefer to have a fixed interest rate to reduce your exposure to market fluctuations, check out our fixed rate home loan.
- Deposit as low as 5%
- 100% mortgage offset account on owner-occupied properties
- Redraw facility
- No penalties for extra repayments
- Your choice to make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Automatic repayments through direct debit
- Loan terms up to 30 years
- Available for a range of purposes, including purchase of an existing house, vacant land for building etc.
Rates & Fees
|Product||Interest rate||Comparison rate|
|Standard variable rate||5.14||5.23*|
|Standard variable rate (Interest Only)||5.29||5.39*||
Loan rates effective Monday 1 May 2017
|Loan maintenance fee||$5|
The fine print
All interest rates quoted are per annum. Rates are subject to change without notice.
* This Comparison Rate is calculated on a loan amount of $150,000 over a term of 25 years based on monthly repayments. These rates are for secured loans only. WARNING: These Comparison Rates apply only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different Comparison Rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the Comparison Rate but may influence the cost of the loan. A Comparison Rate schedule is available at any Queensland Country Credit Union branch.
Loan to Value Ratio (LVR) - LVR restrictions apply to some loan types. Loan applications received where the main loan purpose is to refinance other financial institution debts, purchase vacant land or home improvements will be restricted to a maximum of 90% LVR. LVR may also vary depending on the location and type of any security property. Lenders Mortgage Insurance premium (if applicable) and Government charges apply.
Normal lending criteria apply. Fees and charges may apply. Download our Fees and Charges brochure for full details.
Before acquiring this product you should read the Home Loans and Line of Credit brochure to view the terms and conditions of this loan and to determine if this product is right for you.
Home loan key fact sheets
Queensland Country Credit Union, like all lending institutions, offers a Home Loan Key Facts Sheet to help you compare home loans in the market.
Home Loan Key Facts Sheets provide information about our loan products in a set standard format so it is easier for you to shop around and compare our loan products with those of other lenders (i.e. to compare apples with apples). The Home Loan Key Facts Sheet is one of a number of initiatives of the Government’s Fairer and Simpler Banking reforms.
Please click on the link to generate a Home Loan Key Facts Sheet which you can then choose to print or receive by email.
A home loan facts sheet is not an offer of credit. Queensland Country Credit Union is not obliged to provide you with the home loan described in the home loan facts sheet, you still need to apply for the loan and meet the lending criteria.