Designed as an everyday account ideal for pensioners and self-funded retirees, the Pension Plus account ensures both freedom and ease-of-access. It ensures your everyday transactions are conducted both conveniently and efficiently. With card access and the option to conduct banking via face-to-face or electronic means, you’ll have peace of mind that you can choose the access method that best suits you.
- Applicants for a Pension Plus account must be at least 65 years of age, or be in receipt of an aged pension from Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Statements are issued quarterly and can be received electronically or via post. Please ensure your contact details are current.
- Interest is calculated on the minimum daily balance on a stepped basis with a different interest rate paid for the portions of your account balance that fall within set dollar ranges (‘steps’). Interest is paid monthly.
- Unlimited free everyday transactions*
- No monthly account service fee
- Your choice of Visa Debit card or CueCard
- 24/7 online, mobile and phone banking access
- Worldwide access
- Mobile App
Rates & Fees
|Balances up to $49,200||1.35|
|Balances more than $49,200||2.60||
Rates effective Wednesday 4 January 2017
|Transaction fees||Fees may apply. Please read our Fees and Charges brochure to learn more.|
The fine print
Important information regarding interest rate changes: Effective 11 February 2019, the interest rate offered on some of our savings accounts will be reduced. Click 'learn more' to view the savings accounts affected. Learn more.
* Refer to our Fees and Charges brochure for information on other transactions which may attract fees and charges.
The information above does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the information you should consider whether it is right for you and seek your own advice.
The information above should be read in conjunction with the Account and Access Facility Conditions of Use and Personal Savings and Transaction Accounts brochure before acquiring this product.