At Queensland Country Credit Union we have a positive, people-oriented culture where management puts people first by considering how decisions will affect not only our Members, but also our staff. Our leadership team are not only approachable, but often instigate open dialogue and fairness.
We encourage our people to bring their best; to work as a team, collaborate and consider internal service is just as important as service we deliver to our Members.
Our values are what connect us, bring us together and help us protect our culture. Living by our values guides us to make good decisions, build great relationships and do the right thing for our staff, Members and within the communities we operate in.
At Queensland Country Credit Union we value three simple things:
- Be Genuine
- Bring your best
- Put people first
Throughout the organisation you will see and experience examples of openness, genuine interest, care and concern at all levels. It’s through these efforts that our organisation exists and powers us to support our communities.
Bring Your Best
As a member-owned organisation we are committed to providing excellent service through bringing our best in everything we do. However, bringing our best doesn’t just extend to our Members, but also to our staff. We care about our people and encourage everyone to look after their health and wellbeing by offering financial support to each employee towards a gym membership, weight loss, or a stop smoking program.
Put People First
Queensland Country is one of the only 11 organisations across Queensland to be awarded the prestigious Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice Citation. The citation covers a range of strict criteria including leadership, learning and development, pay gaps, flexible working and other initiatives to support family responsibilities.
Women account for 54% of leadership roles in our organisation, against an average of 40.7%.
We have always been progressive in offering flexibility in the workplace and this remains a consistent focus of ours. Not only do we offer full time, part-time and job-share arrangements, but we also recognise the need to accommodate and assist our staff throughout their careers to manage the demanding balances of work and life.
In the community
As a member-owned organisation, Queensland Country has a strong commitment to not only helping our Members live better lives through better finances and better health but supporting and strengthening the communities in which we operate. Our Members and communities are at the heart of everything we do and a desire to give back to the communities that support us is ingrained in the culture of the organisation. We provide support in a variety of ways, including:
- Queensland Country Good for Good Community Grants
- Supporting community projects that have a positive overall impact on our communities. This program has a number of focus areas and encourages applications for projects that enable people to participate, experience, grow, learn reach out, connect, make a difference and be safe.
- Major community sponsorships
- We have a strong commitment to sponsoring the local teams and events that matter to our Members and their communities. In line with the passion that many Queenslanders hold for rugby league, we are proud to be the Official Banking Partner of the North Queensland Cowboys rugby league team. We are also the Official Health Fund Partner of the Northern Pride, Official Health Fund for the Townsville Fire and the Official Banking and Health Fund Partner of the Mackay Cutters, and other major events.
- Community Partnership Program
- Our Community Partnership Fundraising Program rewards participating community groups when their supporters choose to use Queensland Country for their Banking of Health Insurance needs.
- Community Volunteer Program
- Like the organisation, our staff are committed to their local communities and enjoy giving their time to assist worthwhile causes wherever possible. To help them achieve this goal, we provide two days per year paid community leave to all staff.
- Our Charity partner
- Ronald McDonald House Charities North Australia Chapter is our official charity partner. This wonderful organisation provides a home away from home to the families of seriously ill children in a time of need. Our support of Ronald McDonald House extends to provide further support through our Queensland Country Good for Good Community Grants Program, as well as staff fundraising activities and house events such as Feast with Friends.
- In times of need
- When disasters strike our communities, we are quick to react and offer support to help them back on their feet. We’re able to offer our Members support in a number of ways that help ease the financial pressures that follow major disasters.