More than ever staying safe online is important for everyone! Read our top tips for staying safe online.
- Use a strong password (a combination of numbers, upper and lower case letters and symbols (e.g. #, @, !, *, &))
- Change your password regularly
- Invest in security software and keep it up- to-date
- Be wary of links or attachments from unknown sources
- Be careful about what personal information you give away about yourself and others online
- Only use secure web browsers. Look for an ‘s’ after the ‘http’ in the web page address or URL
- Review your privacy and security settings on social media
- Avoid using public WiFi hotspots to access online banking or provide personal information
- Only give your Visa card details when making purchases and do not provide them for any other reason
- Never send payment information via email. Emails are not fully protected from being read by outside parties
- Review your monthly account statement thoroughly and look for suspect transactions especially after travelling
- Be familiar with the latest scam and fraud trends
If you think you may have been affected by a scam, report it to your local police and Queensland Country Credit Union branch or contact centre 1800 075 078 immediately.
You may also report the scam to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) by contacting the ACCC Info Centre direct on 1300 795 995 during normal business hours or completing the online form available from the website. If the scam relates to cybercrime you may report the scam to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN) via the online form located on their website.