These days, it’s easy to access your money overseas.
We recommend that you take more than one source of funds when travelling overseas, so if one is lost, stolen or inaccessible you will still have another option to access cash for travelling expenses.
- Visa credit and Visa debit cards – Our Visa credit and debit cards are accepted anywhere on the Visa network across the world, giving you access to over 1 million ATMs and 24 million merchants in 170 countries
- CueCard – Your CueCard is accepted worldwide on the Cirrus and Maestro network, so you can use it at any ATM displaying the symbols (displayed on your card)
- Cash passport – a prepaid, PIN-protected card that can be loaded with foreign currency and isn’t linked to your bank account, giving you added peace of mind.
- Foreign currency – we can arrange currency for over 35 countries
Taking a combination of foreign currency, a Multi-currency Cash Passport card™, and your Queensland Country debit and/or credit card will help minimise the risk of being left without access to money overseas.
We can arrange for a Multi-currency Cash Passport™ card for you and can also provide foreign currency banknotes for over 30 countries in a variety of denominations. The Multi-currency Cash Passport™ is a pre-paid, PIN protected card that enables you to obtain local currency from overseas ATMs.
Multi-currency Cash Passport™
The ideal way to carry your travel spending money.
- International ATM transactions
- Multiple currencies on a single card**
- Chip and PIN protected
- 24/7 global emergency assistance
Find out more about Multi-currency Cash Passport™.
Have some local currency on you when travelling.
- Pre-order your foreign cash at any Queensland Country Branch
- Be prepared with local currency when you arrive at your destination
- A range of currencies available
Access your money overseas
Your Visa debit and credit cards make great travel companions.
Find out more about accessing your money overseas.
**Before you make a decision to acquire the Card, please check www.cashpassport.com.au for the latest currencies supported.
Access Prepaid Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 145 452 044, AFSL 386 837) arranges for the issue of the Cash Passport in conjunction with the issuer. You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the relevant Cash Passport available at www.cashpassport.com.au before deciding to acquire the product. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs, financial circumstances or objectives and you should consider if it is appropriate for you. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Travelex Limited (ABN 36 004 179 953) (AFSL 222444) offers foreign currency. Refer to www.travelex.com.aufor information on Travelex Ltd and its products.
Tips when travelling
If you’re planning an overseas holiday, there are lots of things to consider, including how you’ll access your funds, the security of your money overseas, staying on top of payments while you’re away, travel insurance and what to do before you go.
Visit our travelling overseas page for some useful information to think about before you go overseas.