The security of your money is our top priority, but you must also protect your internet banking passwords.
We take the security of your money very seriously, so we're committed to protecting your money when you transact with us through internet banking, shopping online or using your card. We use industry-standard encryption and comprehensive security measures across all of our sites to help keep your money safe.
But believe it or not, some of the most effective security steps that can be taken are simple things you can do yourself.
Internet banking security
To protect your money, you should never give out your internet banking access code (your password or mobile banking PIN) or token PIN, or make it easy for someone else to access your passwords.
- Memorise your access code and never store it with or near your Customer number.
- Don’t choose an access code that is easily identified with you e.g. your birth date, an alphabetical code which is a recognisable part of your name, or your car registration.
- Avoid access codes that are merely a group of repeated numbers or letters.
- Try to prevent anyone else seeing you enter your access code when using phone banking or access code, SMS password or token PIN (whichever is applicable) when using internet banking or mobile banking.
- Don’t record your access code anywhere near the equipment used to access internet banking, phone banking or mobile banking.
- Change your access code at frequent intervals.
- Immediately report the loss, theft or unauthorised use of your Customer number and access code to Queensland Country.
- Examine your account statement as soon as you receive it to identify and report, as soon as possible, any instances of unauthorised use.
It is a condition of use of internet banking or mobile banking that you do not disclose these details to any other person. By giving out your details or failing to keep these details safe, you increase your liability for unauthorised persons to access your account. Please contact Queensland Country immediately if you believe that your access code may have become known to someone else.
We monitor the security of your card 24/7 to protect you against fraud or unauthorised activity.
Protect yourself against scammers - sophisticated email and phone scams can result in losing your money. Find out how to stay alert.